Monday, August 24, 2009

I Can't Do it Daddy!


My husband and I took the girls on our walk around Tega Cay the other day. They were on their bikes and we walked the hilly trails. Kennedy has a bike that can change gears, so she had no problems getting up the hills but Peyton has a bike that has only one gear so she struggled after awhile.

As we walked, my sweet Peyton would get about half way up the hills and then she'd yell out "I can't do it Daddy!" and my superman husband would run up to her bike and give her a big push so she could get up the hill. He did this over and over. It was just precious. He was her big, strong hero! Those are times Peyton will never forget in her life. I have a feeling he'll be helping push her up some other hills in her life in the future but right now they are literal.

As I watched him, I realized that my husband has done that for me a lot in life, too. He's the one God uses to push me up the hills that get too tough to get up myself in life. I'm so thankful to have such a blessing in my life - one I never want to take for granted. I shared that with him on our walk "Honey, as I watch you give her a big push, I realized that you do the same thing for me and I wanted you to know how much I appreciate you." He smiled. Then he said, "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

I love that man. :)

God is like that in our lives, too. Not only does He send people to help get us through the hard times like He did when He sent my husband into my life, but He also gets us through the tough times by giving us a little push Himself every now and then. Tough times are inevitable. But getting through them alone is not. I pray you will recieve the help God offers you today if you are going through a difficult time. You do not need to struggle alone! Just tell Him "I can't do it Daddy!" and wait and see how quickly He runs to you to help get you up the hills of life.

He wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Isaiah 41:10 Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thank you for sharing this Leslie. It is just what I needed this morning. The reminder in your story and the verse spoke with volumne to my heart! :o)

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org