Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reading Through the Bible in a Year - Together!

We all know how important it is that we are in the Word of God.  And yet sometimes it can be hard to know where to look, where to read and what to make of it all.  I thought it might be fun for us to go through the Bible - together! 

If you go to http://www.leslienease.com/ and click on "Free Resources", there is a Bible Reading Schedule there for you to download.  If followed every day, it will get you through the Bible in one year!  On our Fan Page on Facebook, we will post the scriptures each day and have a place where you can leave comments and insights into the passages.  It will be a great way for us to be accountable. 

Please know, you do not have to read the entire passage every day.  Each day's reading is suggested reading.  Even if you only get a few verses in, that is fine!  I know you will be blessed by being in God's Word each day - and it will be a blessing for us to share this journey with you!  You can find our Facebook Fan Page by clicking here.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for this Leslie! This is something I have been wanting and needing to do, but other than just opening the Bible and hoping it is what I should read, I really had no guidance in this area.
I will be joining you! :O)

Sally L. Smith said...

Leslie, I found your blog through GIG today (I'm a little behind on reading but save them when I have to be gone from my computer.) I've passed it on to my daughter who can really relate to your "Mommy woes." I've been there, too, with three kids. I'm so proud of you for taking a stand and not bowing before an idol. My husband and I were rooting for you and, of course, you didn't stay long. People don't want someone around to make them face their consciences and we were sad to see you go. More power to you! I've read through the Bible once (pretty hard getting through some of the OT though) and try to read some everyday. Being in, not just reading, God's word calms my life.
Sally

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org