Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Overwhelmed

I've been overwhelmed the past few days.  Don't get me wrong...it's actually a good kind of over-whelmed.  I've met a lot of fascinating people in my new job at SIM.  Each day has been pretty much back to back meetings with people as I get to know their position in the ministry and what they do.  I'm hearing the most amazing stories!  There is so much passion here and so much purpose!  It's just awesome. 

I'm also overwhelmed because I never realized the extent of SIM's reach.  There are missionaries all over the world - people who preach, of course, but also nurses, doctors, dentists, teachers, construction workers, secretaries, businessmen, photographers, videographers, sports coaches, you name it!  It's amazing to hear the stories of changed lives, saved lives and transformed communities as these people bring the Good News of Jesus to areas all over the world using their gifts and talents.

I'm also overwhelmed because I am so honored that God would choose me to be a part of what He is doing in the world through SIM.  I get to be a part of the Creative Communication Team that tells the world what SIM does and how they can be a part of what God is doing, too!  I mean...really??  What a privilege.  I feel the trumpet is being lifted to my lips and God is telling me to blow it as loud as I can and let the world know what He is up to!

Can you see why I'm overwhelmed?

Being a follower of Christ is the ultimate adventure.  He is truly a very creative God with amazing opportunities for each of us to share His Truth with the world in the gifts and talents He has graciously given to us.  If you are up for a challenge, come see what adventures may await you!  If sharing the Gospel in creative ways with the world excites you, begin the adventure by clicking here!  I hope you will see how God can use you (yes YOU) to be a part of what He is up to in and around the world.

It's truly overwhelming.

No comments:

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org