Monday, February 8, 2010

Truth Suppressed

Nobody can tell my husband and me that our kids are not ours.  I mean, I guess they could tell us that, but it wouldn't make it true.  We'd laugh at them.  How preposterous!  When you look at our children, you can see my husband's eyes, my smile, and they all have little quirks that are just like ours.  Not to mention, we were there when they were born.  We cried when we held them for the first time.  It was beautiful.  Nope, nobody could ever convince me that they do not come from us! 

The other day, after reading the poem my daughter wrote (below), I watched a video about creation from the Truth Project and it was powerful.  The video talked about how created things have a creator.  Period.  Think about it - every picture painted was painted by an artist.  We wouldn't look at a picture painted by an artist and say "Wow, that's beautiful how that randomly happened."  Things don't just randomly happen or appear. There is a creative process.  It was quite thought-provoking.  My heart began to break as I thought about the way so many seem to say "I don't believe there is a God.  This all just sort of happened...evolved.  So, there is no creator.  I'm just a product of "star stuff"."

Really?  Romans 1:18-19 says "God shows His anger from heaven against all wicked, sinful people who suppress the Truth by their wickedness.  They know the Truth about God because He has made it obvious to them.  For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky.  Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature.  So they have no excuse for not knowing God."

When we look around at all the beauty that God created, we cannot deny that He created it.  It would be like someone looking at my kids and telling me "Those are not your children."  Nobody telling me that would make it true.  I already know the truth - they are my children!  One look at them and there is no doubt.  But if someone wanted to believe that they were not my children, they could.  They could suppress the truth.  But that would never make it less true.  It would just be a truth suppressed.

God has done something huge.  He has chosen to reveal Himself to us so that we would have answers and so we would know Him.  He has given us His written Word and He is communicating His Truth to us through His creation.  He lovingly and willingly gives us answers to questions that we can never find the answers to without Him.  He is reaching out to us, yelling at us through His creation, as my daughter so beautifully put in her poem below.  But if we choose to suppress the truth by our wickedness and choose to believe lies that He doesn't exist, we have that choice. He will honor our choice because God is not going to bully Himself into our lives.  But we will never find peace and we will never find the Truth if we don't wake up and open our eyes.

Even Darwin said "...I am quite conscious that my speculations run beyond the bounds of true science...It is a mere rag of a hypothesis with as many flaw(s) & holes as sound parts." (Darwin quoted to Asa Gray & cited by Adrian Desmond and James Moore, Darwin, NY: WW. North and Company, 1991 page 456-475)  Remember, Darwin's Theory is a theory.  According to the dictionary, a theory is a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact; contemplation, speculation, guess, conjecture.

I honestly think it takes more faith to not believe in God as the Creator of the Universe than it does to actually believe in Him.  Where is the security in that?  Where is the purpose in that?  I choose to believe in the Creator, God, who beautifully and perfectly made each and every one of us for a purpose with a plan and for His glory!   But people do have a choice in what they will believe - we can believe what Darwin clearly said is a "theory" or we can believe what the Bible plainly says is the Truth.

I pray that as you look around at the beauty God created today that you will take a moment to thank Him. His creation is a beautiful reflection of His majesty and love for us.

Psalm 19
1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
      The skies display his craftsmanship.
 2 Day after day they continue to speak;
      night after night they make him known.
 3 They speak without a sound or word;
      their voice is never heard.
 4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
      and their words to all the world.
   God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.
 5 It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
      It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.
 6 The sun rises at one end of the heavens
      and follows its course to the other end.
      Nothing can hide from its heat.
 7 The instructions of the Lord are perfect,
      reviving the soul.
   The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy,
      making wise the simple.
 8 The commandments of the Lord are right,
      bringing joy to the heart.
   The commands of the Lord are clear,
      giving insight for living.
 9 Reverence for the Lord is pure,
      lasting forever.
   The laws of the Lord are true;
      each one is fair.
 10 They are more desirable than gold,
      even the finest gold.
   They are sweeter than honey,
      even honey dripping from the comb.
 11 They are a warning to your servant,
      a great reward for those who obey them.
 12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
      Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
 13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
      Don’t let them control me.
   Then I will be free of guilt
      and innocent of great sin.
 14 May the words of my mouth
      and the meditation of my heart
   be pleasing to you,
      O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

No comments:

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org