Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heart Update

It started as a pain between my shoulder blades on Thursday night.  It kind of felt like I had some sore muscles or something.  I went and taught my cycle class and felt fine until I was on my way home.  The pain traveled from between my shoulder blades all the way around to my chest and then started creeping up my neck and into my jaw.  By the time I got home, I could hardly talk and I began to get dizzy.  The pain was very intense.  I called 911.

After taking me to the ER, the doctors agreed to admit me for more tests.  By the next morning, they discovered I'd come down with inflammation in the lining of my heart.  They call it pericarditis.  They think it is caused by a virus, though they are not sure.  I've had a rough few days, but am doing better.  The doctors put me on steroids to ease the inflammation so the pain is pretty well under control.  I am still very tired, though and I'm having a lot of palpitations.  I will be going back to the doctor today and I believe they are going to put me on a heart monitor for 24-hours to monitor the frequency and duration of the palpitations. 

I appreciate so much all of the notes of concern and especially your prayers!  You have no idea how much it means that people are on their knees before the Lord concerning my condition.  I pray that I will recover soon, but I'm taking my time getting back into the full swing of things.  Even just a trip to the grocery store wears me out and I need a nap when I get home!  It's crazy for a lady like me who is usually like the energizer bunny!

I pray God will use this time to draw me into a deeper relationship with Him, most of all.  I will keep you posted on everything.  He is in control and I have nothing to fear!

You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you." Psalm 118:28

"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." Psalm 73:26

2 comments:

melissa Taylor said...

Wow Leslie, so thankful you called 911 when you did. Keep taking it easy and take care of yourself! I will keep praying and as the Prayer Coordinator at Proverbs 31 Ministries, I will make sure you are on our prayer team's requests each day!

Leslie Nease said...

Thank you Melissa! You know you all mean so much to me - I appreciate your prayers more than you know!

Much Love,
Leslie

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org