Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pain with Purpose

So tomorrow is the big day - I'm having surgery on my adenoids.  Weird, huh?  Even the doctors think it's weird for a woman my age to have an adenoidectomy. :)  Usually that's a kid thing, isn't it?  I've had a very persistent infection up there for a long time and it's time we just get it out of there.  I am looking forward to not having these headaches, the dark circles under my eyes and the earaches, etc...that come with it - so I will look forward to that instead of dreading the next few days!

Anyway, I'm glad to be getting it over with but I'm not looking forward to the pain.  Hate it.  I could be all super-spiritual and say I'm looking forward to the suffering but I am not gonna lie to you.  I am not a fan of suffering, but I am a total fan of the fact that I know it's not in vain.  God will use it, I know this to be true.  It will be pain with a purpose. 

My surgery is scheduled for 8am tomorrow.  I have to be there at 6am.  I'm all about getting there early enough to get knocked out so I can just get it over with, but wow - that will come early! :)  I'm reminded of my skydiving experience in 2004 for some reason.  I dreaded it but wanted to do it so bad so it would be over with and then I could move on, having conquered my fear.  I loved it and hated it all at once.  Tomorrow is a little different, but it's the same love/dread thing. 

All of this to say...I'd appreciate your prayers!  I have a speaking event next week at Celebration Church in TN and my doctor expects me to be recovered by then, so please pray that will be the case!  I checked & re-checked with her to be sure.  She said "No problem".   I have heard that if you have your tonsils out with the adenoidectomy it's dreadful - but that just having the adenoid surgery should not be as bad.  I hope that I've heard correctly...LOL

In the meantime, here's a verse that is encouraging me today..."Trust in Him at all times, O people, pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:8

1 comment:

podso said...

Praying for you, and will be thinking of you tomorrow...not quite sky diving but ...

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org