Monday, July 12, 2010

Post-Surgery Update!

The surgery went well and I'm feeling much better these days!  The healing process was just as my doctors said - 48 hours of pretty bad pain and then progressively getting better.  I don't know yet if the infection has been eliminated but we will find out at my 2-week follow up appointment.  My doctor has given me an antibiotic rinse to use 3-4 times per day and I've been diligently following her instructions and praying for healing!  Please continue to pray for complete healing!  Thanks so much.

There have been other adjustments in my life recently, too.  I have been working full-time as the International Communication Coordinator at SIM International for the past four months.  I really enjoyed my position there and met some amazing people who I call family now!  However, I did realize quickly that a full-time international position was more than I could do with my other responsibilities, so I've decided to continue to help them out as a volunteer and consultant in their communication department and also continue to help them with a monthly podcast, but the rest of the position's responsibilities I have relinquished. 

This was a tough call - because I really enjoyed it!  But I know I did the right thing.  Right now I'm trying to heal up and get rid of this relentless infection and just spend time with my family, while continuing to speak, write and teach the occasional fitness class at the YMCA.  A little simpler, I suppose you could say!  Who knows what God has for me in the future - but for now I'm super content and grateful for what the Lord is showing me through all of this.  He's so good!

All of this to say - we've had a lot going on here!  My blogging hasn't been quite as regular (sometimes a girl just needs to be quiet - something I struggle with - ha!) but that doesn't mean I haven't had a lot on my mind.  I will get more regular with blogging once I'm back to myself again and I look forward to sharing with you all that I've learned!

Tomorrow I get to travel to TN to speak to some amazing ladies at Celebration Church!  I had the privilege of sharing with them last year and they have kindly asked me back.  I cannot wait to see them again.  On Wednesday morning I will be on the Morning Show with Brian Sumner at WCQR from 7-9am (www.wcqr.org) and I'm really looking forward to it!  You can listen in online live if you are not in that listening area.

Have a wonderful day - thanks for checking in on my blog! 

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly!  Colossians 3:16

No comments:

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org