Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sowing in Tears

It had been building up all day and finally around dinner time, my husband said, "Honey, you just need to cry and get it out."  He was right.  I let loose with sobs that came from such a deep place in my soul that I was overwhelmed.  I would pull myself together and then -wham!- I'd go through another wave of emotion.  This is what a broken heart felt like and I knew it.  I had some very heavy things on my heart and mind and all of the pain was coming out through each and every tear that fell down my cheek.  Oh, it feels so good to cry sometimes!

Can you relate to this?  Most women totally get it.  I'm so glad that my husband knows it's a part of who I am and not only does he allow me to express myself in this way, he encourages it.  He knows that if I hold it in, I'll be miserable.  I'm a crier and even when I try not to, the tears just come sometimes.  I had a woman tell me on my radio show once that my tears come because I must be "so full of the Holy Spirit that He leaks out sometimes"! (smile)

Psalm 126:5-6 says, "Those who plant in tears
    will harvest with shouts of joy.
They weep as they go to plant their seed,
    but they sing as they return with the harvest."

I love these verses so much.  What a beautiful reminder that my tears are a labor of love. It always amazes me how the labor just before giving birth to my children was so painful, long and hard, but once the bundles of joy arrived, I realize it was worth every moment and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.  It's like that with the pain of persistent prayer and a broken heart for those we love or for a burden that has been persistently prayed over for a long time. I look forward to the day when I can sing as I return with the harvest!

I am not at liberty to tell you exactly what has been so heavy on my heart at this moment, but I can tell you I believe the joy is coming.  It may not be in my timing, but God hears my heart and my prayers.  He knows and He cares about ever tear that I cry over this burden.  He has a plan and a purpose and what a joy it is to know that my tears don't go to waste.  He will use them to water the crop that is going to grow as a result of faithful prayers, plentiful tears and unending trust that I have in His perfect plan.

If you are hurting today, I get it.  If you are weeping over something or someone who is a burden in your heart, I want to encourage you not to give up.  In Galatians 6:9, Paul reminds us, "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."  The joy is coming! Don't ever be ashamed of your tears - they could be just what is needed to water the harvest.



2 comments:

Brenda Porter said...

I am so relating to every single post u have made of late. Each one. Namely this one as I too have had my crying bouts on and off of late. I too try to stand strong and believe and "press" through it. But each of us sister are only human so when we need to, we have to ;0) I want to let u know I will be praying for and with you and in the end as Psalms 30: 11,12 says: "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever.

God Bless u sister!

Leslie Nease said...

Thanks so much Brenda! I appreciate your encouragement. Many blessings to you!

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org