Monday, July 16, 2012

The Pit

A man fell into a pit and couldn't get himself out. 

A subjective person came along and said, "I feel for you down there." 

An objective person came along and said, "It's logical that someone would fall down there." 

A Christian Scientist came along and said "You only think that you're in that pit." 

A Pharisee said, "Only bad people fall into pits." 

A mathematician calculated how the man fell into the pit. 

A news reporter wanted the exclusive story on his fall into the pit. 

A legalistic Christian said, "You deserve that pit." 

Confuscius said, "If you had listened to me, you would not be in that pit." 

Buddha said, 'Your pit is only a state of mind." 

A realist said, "That is a pit." 

A scientist calculated the pressure necessary in pounds per square inch to get the man out of the pit.

A geologist told him to appreciate the rock strata in the pit.

An evolutionist said, "You are a rejected mutant destined to be removed from the evolutionary cycle - you'll die in that pit so that you cannot produce any pit-falling offspring."

The county inspector asked the man if he had a permit for digging the pit.

A professor gave him a lecture on the elementary principles of the pit. 

An evasive person avoided the subject of the pit altogether.

A self-pitying person said, "You haven't seen anything until you've seen my pit."

A charismatic from the Faith movement said, "Just confess it and you'll not be in that pit any longer."

An optimist said, "Things could be worse."

A pessimist said, "Things will get worse."

But Jesus, seeing the man, took him by the hand and lifted him out of the pit.

(Taken from You Can Understand the Book of Revelation by Skip Heitzig, page 87)

Are you in a pit today?  There's only one true Savior.

Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire.  He set my feet only solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.  He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see what he has done and be amazed.  They will put their trust in the Lord."



No comments:

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org