Monday, March 18, 2013

Don't Forget Me!


This weekend we packed up and moved several loads from our rental home to our new home.  As we packed, moved, loaded and prepared, our dog Buddy was getting nervous.  He kept watching us pack things up and walk out the door time and time again.  When we would come back in the house, he'd follow us around as if to say, "Hey, don't forget about me!"  It was so pitiful.  He wanted to go out with us each time we left, but we knew it wasn't time yet.

Finally, once we were ready to take the final load for the day, I grabbed the leash and went over to Buddy and said, "OK, sweetie, now it's time to go!"  He looked like he would explode with glee as I leaned over and put his leash on him.  He's so cute when he gets excited because not only does his tail wag, but his entire body wags!  I wish I could have communicated the plan to him all along. I can see it now..."Buddy, just relax and get some rest because once everything is packed up, we're coming back for you.  We would never leave you here alone!"  But it would have been wasted words, since he wouldn't understand me anyway.

As I put the leash on him, I realized that sometimes, I'm just like Buddy with God.  I see His work all around me and want to be a part of it.  I think sometimes that He's forgotten about me or that He overlooked me.  What I fail to understand most often is that He never intends to leave me out at all.  I was always a part of the plan but sometimes I don't understand that He's protecting me and waiting for just the right moment to bring me into the plan. If only He could communicate to me all along!  But more than likely it would be wasted words, as I probably wouldn't understand anyway.

That's where trust comes in.  Buddy probably knew in his heart of hearts all along that I wouldn't leave him, but the doubt is what made him freak out.  I believe that is my problem, too.  When I stop trusting God's plan and instead look at what's going on around me, I can lost my grip on Him and fall into seasons of doubt.

Can you relate?  Have you felt left out or looked over?  Please know that God has not forgotten you.  He would never dream of forgetting about you!  He promises in His word that He will never leave us nor forsake us. 

So today, if you are freaking out because you think you may have been overlooked, please rest and know that He won't leave you out.  You're His child!  Trust Him.  Nobody loves you more than He does.

No comments:

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org