Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring!


My yard when we first bought the house and the picture on the right is this morning!
My yard when we first bought the house. The picture on the right is more recent!

Between the sneezes and swollen eyes, I’ve noticed something incredible about this Spring. I’m appreciating it on a whole new level. Maybe it’s because we now live on four acres of beautiful land, something we’ve never done before. We usually live in a housing development for the low-maintenance and close neighbors. But now we are surrounded not by neighbors, but by nature.

This year, I’m really appreciating the new life that is all around us as I watch the trees bud and begin to fill out and the flowers make their struggle from a bud to a beautiful adornment in our yard. Every day I see a new flower or bud that makes my heart jump! It’s like Christmas in April!

Just a month or so ago, we all thought we had a pretty yard, but the trees were bare and there were no flowers yet. We bought the house in the fall, so we never saw how the yard looked when the trees were at their best, but we still fell in love with it. Now we feel overwhelmed as we see all of the beauty as things are coming to life again.

There are days in my life when I feel just like those bare trees and dormant flowers. Like hope is a million miles away – sometimes non-existent. But today as I sit here looking out my window, I feel God is reminding me that hope is always there. Always. And spring always comes. New life can come. The pruning I go through is for a beautiful purpose and has incredible potential to make me even healthier than before. But it can be painful and it can seem like a long and dreary season. During those dormant times, God still looked at me and thought I was beautiful, though. So He bought me at a high price because He thought I was worth it. And when I go through tough times in life, He never leaves me.

Spring is here today, though. And I’m thankful that the hope that Christ brings to my life ensures that no matter how dark of a season I have, no matter how far back I get pruned, no matter how lifeless I feel…spring is just around the corner. New life is promised to all of God’s children!

My heart is overwhelmed.

Hosea 6:3 “Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.”

No comments:

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org