Thursday, May 23, 2013

Give Kids the World!

One of the perks of having been on a reality show is that I get the opportunity to help support different charities through fundraisers where they invite former reality show contestants to help out.
Please GIVE NOW by clicking HERE!
I wish I could support all of these incredible charities but my busy schedule prevents me from attending all of them. I do like to take the time to support Give Kids the World in Orlando, FL, though. This incredible organization blessed my heart when I attended this fundraiser for the first time.

Give Kids the World helps terminally ill children and their entire families smile and forget that there is a devastating illness hovering over them. For an entire week, they are treated to a Disney vacation and all sorts of other incredible opportunities to be "normal". I cannot imagine how hard their lives must be - as their new normal is hospital visits, tiring treatments and medications and the constant wonder of what the next day might bring. How heartbreaking!

What I also really liked is that they pay special attention, not only to the sick child, but also to the siblings of the sick child, who so often get overlooked with all of the dire needs of their brother or sister who is suffering.

In this summer event, many previous reality contestants come together, dress up like princesses and pirates and get to spend an evening with the children who are there. The following day, we spend the
day autographing and raising money to support them. All money that is made is sent directly to the charity to support it so more and more families can be treated to this incredible opportunity!

We also get the chance to raise money prior to the event through friends and family, like YOU!  If you would like to help me out and send some precious, terminally ill children to Disney World with me, please support me by clicking this fundraising page!  It doesn't have to be much - if everyone reading this would donate at least $10, we could really make a difference together. Of course, if you want to give more, I would appreciate that, too!! I will post pictures and a recap after the event, which is in August.

Thank you and God bless you for helping out the children and their families!

No comments:

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org