Sunday, August 24, 2014

Waiting on the Dream

Dreams. We all have them. Many of us have what we believe to be God-given dreams and perhaps you are one of those people. Maybe it's been a very long time but you are beginning to get discouraged because nothing seems to be happening, though the dream gets bigger and seems to be growing in your heart. Perhaps you are ready to give up and you're questioning whether it was even God in the first place?

I totally understand where you are right now. I have been there and will probably be there again some day, as I've been through this many times! Our timing isn't always God's timing. But the dream is real and your and my focus must remain on God - allowing Him to work out the details and the timing and trusting Him along the way. That is so hard when the dream is big, the stakes are high and our faith runs low.

I recently came across a portion of my journal from 2007 when I finally received a call from Survivor Casting after many years of auditioning. I truly believed being on Survivor was a dream God put in my heart, though I couldn't explain why He would do it or how it would happen. I just knew in my heart it was Him and I was faithfully applying, twice a year for over five years.  I really hope this will encourage you to persevere and not give up on that God-given dream! He has used this experience more in my life than any other experience I've had and I can tell you, it was worth the wait. :)



What about you? What is God preparing you for right now? Maybe you aren't even sure at this moment. Trust Him! He's up to something in your life, no doubt about it. Are you ready to focus completely on your relationship with Him so He can use you "for such a time as this"? Can you remember a time when a dream in your life began to come to fruition? How did you respond?

Esther 4:14 "If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made Queen for such a time as this? 

Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.

No comments:

Got Questions?

GotQuestions?org